Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mean Witch


The other night Kathryn was in her bed all tucked in when she started crying and yelling, "The mean witch is looking at me." I came in and tried to calm her down and understand what she was saying. I crawled in bed with her and told her it was OK and tried to figure out what was bothering her. Then I looked to the side of her bed at the bookcase and sure enough there was the mean witch looking at her. The way the book was pushed into the shelf all that was sticking out was the witch and the apple and her eyes were right at Kathryn's level of her pillow. Very scary indeed. So we turned the book around, pushed it further in and she drifted off back to sleep happy and content.

1 comment:

Danae said...

Good for you, figuring it out. Sometimes those things can be so cryptic and difficult to understand at the adult level.