This Sunday I was released from the Primary and called to be YW 2nd counselor. I am really excited about this new adventure. It will be a big change for me.
In the midst of all these changes I had duties to hand over and receive binders and be set apart. Travis worked Saturday all night and had hoped to join us at church on Sunday morning. At 11:45 I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to wrestle all three kids while being set apart. We went down to the appropriate room and began the finagling--Joey was crying and Kathryn and Spencer started fighting over candy. I looked out the window and saw him coming in the building, my hero, still wearing his scrubs! Travis came straight to the church from work and swooped up all the kids and took them home. Even though he wasn't dressed for church he still decided to come at the very end because he knew I would need help. I was so overwhelmed with love and appreciation for him. Travis is the best dad and greatest husband!
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago
4 comments:
Knights in Shining Armor arrive in all kinds of costumes. :o) Good luck with the new calling!
LOVE this story!!! And very excited about your new changes!
So exciting to have the new change :) I am positive you will do a fantastic job with those young women. Gotta love the scrubs at church- only real men wear scrubs :) I know the feeling of wrestling kids all by oneself all too well and know exactly how you feel. When will Travis finish his schooling? I can't wait til June personally, but it looks like you have a longer road ahead! At least you already have a house- does that mean you're staying in CO?
You'll be awesome in YW Natalie!!!
Post a Comment