5 o'clock is the witching hour at our house. The natives get restless, they want to eat, they are crabby, I'm trying to get dinner ready, and we are all just "done". So for the past week I have been having "school time" at 5pm. Spencer hasn't had homework all year so we just improvise and he works on his penmanship and math facts and sometimes we do some cub requirements. Kathryn has been working on how to write her name--she likes to do a weird combination of upper and lower case so we've focused on upper case K and everything else lower. Then she likes to cut out her shapes. Joseph will sit up and play with puzzles and look at books. So far it has been a success and helped my stress level go down to have them all at the table working while I finish up dinner. Then as a reward we go outside and play until Dad comes home--which is the BEST part of the day!
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago



1 comment:
I haven't had a lot of success with trying to do homework while I make dinner. I need to know your tricks! My kids need supervision...
Post a Comment