Kathryn's preschool is great, I love it. Her teacher does so many neat things. This past week they were studying Japan and they had a tea party with her real Japanese tea set and ate on the floor and made slippers. It was very cute. A few days before the teacher told the kids about it and Kathryn says, " I can't drink tea, it's bad for my body." Her teacher said, "Oh, it's not black tea, its green tea which is healthy for your body. Why don't you ask your mom about it?" SO when I picked the kids up to bring home Kathryn yells from the back seat, "Mom, can I drink green tea? It's not black tea, but it is brown!' We had a big talk about it and she decided that she wouldn't have the tea, but just ask for juice instead. I went and talked to her teacher about it---I didn't want to cause a big stink b/c she is a good teacher and doing enriching things (it really has been a blessing to have Kathryn go there) but I just told her we don't drink tea or coffee and I'd prefer Kathryn not have it. She was so cute, and saying she makes it really weak and the kids just have a sip etc. Kathryn was kinda leading a "tea is bad" campaign so I had to tell her other people could drink it if it was ok with their parents etc. Anyway it turned out fine, but who would have thought I'd have a word of wisdom issue in PreK! I am proud of her for choosing the right. Grandma sent her a "CTR" candy bar and card to celebrate her bravery.
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago

2 comments:
Wow, brave Kathryn! Good for her!
That is so awesome. It's amazing how young we have to prepare these little warriors. Sometime I will tell you about the lessons we had to reinforce in Kindergarten--Crazy world. I am so proud of YOU Natalie. You are such a great mom, for also CTR-ing too!
Post a Comment