Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rollerskating (6th grade all over again)

Spencer is taking a rollerskating class with his friend from school on Saturdays. His first class was this past Saturday. I took the boys and was able to watch their lesson and then skate with them afterward.
The lesson was hilarious. It was like watching popcorn pop in reverse. Kids were falling all over the place. It was so funny to watch because my eyes kept jumping from one kid falling to the next. Non-stop action. Spencer did well- he only fell a few times.
Then during "open skate" I laced up my skates and busted a move. It felt like I was back in 6th grade. I had so much fun skating around and holding Spencer's hand. He was a trooper. One of the rollers fell off his skate, so that was super scary, but we prevailed.
I am super old though- I didn't know a SINGLE song they blasted during the skate. How sad is that, Natalie not knowing any songs? Boo Hoo. I better stop listening to 90's CD's and talk radio.

1 comment:

Danae said...

Wow. I haven't been roller skating since high school. That's cool that there is a class Spencer can take. I think I still need help!