Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zappa Falls

We went to S. Colorado for a mini Spring Break. We stopped at Zappa Falls at the foot of Mt. Blanca (14000 ft). We drove up a washboard road- the kids loved it and screamed and said they were milk shakes.
The falls were frozen, but still really cool.
The kids loved slipping and sliding all over the ice.
It was a bit scary because you could hear the water running underneath the ice.
This is the view of the rocks above us- just to give an idea of how narrow it was.

Humbled by a Pit Toilet and a 3 Y/O
We hiked around and played in the snow. After we were done we needed to use the bathroom. I took Kathryn and Joseph in the women's side and it was just a pit toilet. I told Kathryn "be careful, I don't want you to fall in" -- she was very careful and then it was my turn. I was "hoovering" and holding Joseph and trying to do my business when Kathryn says, " You don't have to worry about falling in, your legs are too big to fit!" -- Yep, apparently, my thighs were so big that my chance of falling in was zero. So much for thinking I was getting skinny again!

3 comments:

Danae said...

HAHAHAHA! That's ok, Natalie, Elizabeth tells me I have a big bum every week or two. Just remember, when compared to children, even very small adults seem large.
Your vacation looks like it was really fun. I think most people are pretty pale in March and April. ;o)

Crae said...

Looks like you had a great time, Joseph has grown so much. Love you guys.
Crae

Janel said...

Very funny story!

Last week Tyler was looking at me through to cool- aid picture and said "you look skinny mom" and I said "I'll take a complement anyway I can get it" and he told me "I didn't mean it that way mom." my only reply was "thanks".