Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's all worth it!

Being 8 months giant pregnant makes me cranky and my patience low, but there is a light at the end of tunnel! I went to my Dr. and had my appointment and for about 60 seconds I could hear the 130 beat/min heartbeat of my little guy and the heartburn, backaches, leg cramps, and weak bladder were suddenly forgotten. Those tender seconds of hearing the baby I already love made everything worth it.
The other day after spending the entire afternoon fighting back and forth over silly things, Spencer and Kathryn had a "worth it" moment too. She was watching a DVD and playing the games on it, but she can't navigate it and needs help. Spencer came up and said, "Don't worry, I'll be here for ya."They sat for an hour and played together and he helped her so patiently that I quickly forgot the fights and yelling from before.
Kathryn is potty training and doing really well. There are still accidents, but we are steadily moving in the right direction. The other day she had an accident and I was cleaning it up and wondering if we'll ever make it when Kathryn put her arm around me and said, "Mom, you're my best friend." Melted me and made everything worth it. She is such a sweet little girl. I am so glad I get to be her best friend.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I completely understand where you are coming from! It is amazing to love a person I haven't truly met yet! And it is truly amazing to love our children so much, even when they can be frustrating. Like you said, there are then those moments where they melt your heart!

Sister Ward said...

That is such a cute post, Nat. And Woog says he still has issues with potty training every now and then, too.

Janell said...

that is so cute! You are such a good mommy and friend!