Friday, September 4, 2009

Joseph Howard Williams

This is our brand new beautiful baby boy, Joseph Howard Williams. He was born Saturday at 11:07 and weighed 7 lbz 10 oz. This picture was taken just moments after he was born. At first he didn't want to cry and made these little quacking noises, but then the respiratory nurses got him howling and got his lungs clear. We had a very successful surgery and things went very well.
We were scheduled to have the c-section at 8:30, but we got bumped back because of an emergent one in front of us. It was very nerve racking to have to wait and I was scared. Luckily, one of the sisters in my ward was my nurse. She was so sweet to Travis and I and made sure we were well taken care of. She was very calming and it was the greatest blessing to have her there.
This is Travis holding Joseph while we were in recovery. He was so sweet and tiny. I'd forgotten how small newborns really are! He is the smallest of all my babies. It was so amazing and overwhelming to see him the first time. We were truly blessed that he was in good health and that my surgery did not have any complications.
He looks a lot like Spencer did. He has just a little light fuzz of hair and long skinny legs and really long fingers and toes. He's our little angel.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family. What a beautiful baby boy. I am so glad that you and he are both doing so well. Love ya!

~ kietra ~ said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well. What a blessing to have a nurse you actually knew! He looks so handsome!

Mitzi said...

Congratulations! Glad all went well and you have a beautiful baby boy!

Becky said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations. I am so glad things went well. He does remind me of spencer, even though I didn't see spencer as a new-born - - I can see the family resemblance. Anyway- I hope your recovery goes well!

Danae said...

Yipee! What a beautiful baby boy. I'm so glad everything went ok, and you are home and recovering ok. Best of luck in these next few sleep deprived weeks.

mandyjanewilliams said...

He is a sweet boy!

Janell said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checing your blog constantly and I go away for the weekend and come back to the BEST news ever! Joseph is so sweet and I love that name. I am so happy for you and I hope you are recovering well Natalie. I can't wait to see MORE and hear all about your new family. Congrats to you all!