This past month having new little Joseph in our house has been a great experience for our family. I have enjoyed all those sweet things about newborns that I forgot and remembered some of the things I don't particularly care for:
Not so much:
Umbilical cord stump
Mustard pooh
Being slippery in the bathtub
Checking every 5 min to make sure baby still breathing
Nursing- soreness, wetness, pain
Lack of quality sleep making me irritable
Love SO much:
When he holds tight to my finger
Little "smiles" - yeah, I know its just gas, but it is so cute
The older kids wanting to help comfort him
Cuddling
Little skinny chicken legs
Nursing- being close, quiet, and content
New baby smell
Cute tiny clothes
Feeling that awe and reverence again that comes with a new baby- that Heavenly Father would trust His precious son to be placed in my care. Makes me want to be a better mom and better person
Increased capacity to love
The peace he brings into our home
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment