Thursday, May 7, 2009

"It is just you"

Today at school when I was dropping off Spencer one of the other moms came up to me and said, "Is it me, or are you expecting?" I thought of my friend Danae in Sunnyside and wanted to say, "No, it is just you", but I didn't I was nice. Then she said, "Do you need some clothes" to which I responded, "No we are pretty much all set on boys clothes." and she said, "No, I mean, do you need clothes for YOU." I stood there dumbfounded wondering what to say. I stammered out "No, I'm fine." and quickly left. (this woman and i are no where near the same size) Apparently my "fat pants" are no longer cutting it. I was wearing my large size jeans which up until today could come up over my tummy. I had on a striped blue collared shirt that I got when I was prego with Spencer. It is a tad snug now in the arms and not as long in the front as I remembered. So when I got home and looked in the mirror I noticed that there were some "issues with my middle" where the pants and shirt didn't quite meet. SO I spent the morning shopping for some new maternity clothes that actually fit me so people won't have worry that I have no clothes that fit. Gotta love it!

5 comments:

Janell said...

Natalie, I am not sure if I am supposed to laugh or cry. I am glad you got to go on a shopping spree for some maternity clothes! I want to see growing belly pictures!

~ kietra ~ said...

Gotta love people's "good intentions" sometimes!!! I'm impressed how well you handled it!!! And good call on buying new clothes!!

Porter Prodigies II said...

Haha, sorry...that was funny. I love how uncool some people can be and not even know it. Speaking of clothes...I just cleared out my maternity stuff and have some pants in talls...if youre interested, you can have em! Sadly enough, Im all done bearing chillens.

Danae said...

It's ok to just think those thoughts on the inside. I never said those things out loud, as much as I might want to sometimes. Some people are just soo tactful, aren't they?
Yea for a shopping trip!

Tiffanie and Jeff Bodine said...

Woo hoo for the shopping trip, I'm ooking forward to one for myself. When is your due date??