Wednesday, May 13, 2009

School Blues

This morning Spencer said that he didn't want to go to school. I asked him why and he said that they were going to have a substitute. He said, "I hate when subs come, they never do anything right." Poor little 5 year old! He loves his routine and always wants everything done right. I told him the teacher was in charge and what ever she did was right and that his teacher would leave a note for the sub about what she wanted them to do and it might be different than when his regular teacher was there just to make it easier on the substitute. That seemed to appease him, but he definitely loves his own teacher.

2 comments:

Sister Ward said...

I know how he feels! We had a teacher strike in third grade and had a sub for 6 weeks. I wrote in my daily journal (that the teacher read) that I hated her and wanted my teacher back. I feel awful now!!

James and Jessica Ford said...

They are so cute. I love hjow innocent kids are. Good work in the yard! Isn't it so fun feeling like a grown-up and having your own yard to take care of. All of these mature responsibilities we have now with our mature lifestyles. It's crazy!