Monday, May 11, 2009

Working in the Yard

This Saturday we were able to work in the backyard some more. It is really coming together. A fellow ward member let us barrow his rototiller and Travis was able to get the garden all set to plant. Spencer was his helper extraordinaire, but he took some nice long breaks too!

We added 2 truckfulls of dirt to our flowerbeds and covered them with weed paper so hopefully I won't have to spend all summer pulling out weeds. We put the red bark mulch over the top and I think it looks great with our brick. We planted a few shrubs and flowers and it makes such a huge difference! I love looking out my kitchen window now at the splashes of color in our yard.

I am not really a green thumb so it will be an adventure to see what I can grow. Kathryn is a big help. She likes to water all the plants for me and help with the hose. Usually, it ends up with her needed her clothes changed, but she loves it.


Spencer is going to play t-ball this spring so we have started throwing the ball around. Already had to talk about the importance of making sure the person you are throwing the ball to is ready and aware! He is starting to get the hang of using the mitt to catch and working on his throwing form. It has been a fun and busy spring for us so far!

1 comment:

Danae said...

We started working on our backyard garden too. It's a good thing Ryan has a green thumb, or the garden wouldn't be successful.