So this afternoon was awful. It was "free" day at the Denver Zoo. Travis is on call today so I thought it would be a fun treat to take the kids. We hurried home from picking up Spencer so we could get to the zoo before it was too busy. It is about 40 min from our house. Half way there I realize that I didn't put in the stroller. SO we turn around and go back. When I get home and open the trunk I see the little umbrella stroller IS in the car so that ticks me off and I load the double anyway. SO we drive back to the zoo (in CRAZY traffic). I needed to go to the hospital to switch keys with Travis because I had the wrong set and he needed a key off it for work tonight. I was supposed to meet him at the turn in for valet parking, apparently there are two locations- I went to the front, Travis the back. That led to some choice words on the phone and driving around the block and down the wrong way on a "one way" street.
Finally we get to the zoo. It is 4:10. The parking lot is packed, but we find a spot. We unload and are happy until we get to the front gate that is closed. The zoo closes at 5 and they close the entry gate at 4. BUMMER. Spencer does good and understand that sometimes that happens and I didn't know it would close at 4. Sissy, not so well with the understanding. She showed her unhappiness in the form of a tantrum. SO I told them we would go to Burger King and play and have dinner. The Burger King we found did not have a play area, but disguised it like they did so we unloaded and then reloaded to sounds of a tantrum again. Finally we find a McDonalds that has a deluxe play area. We eat. The kids are happy, I am happy until another girl comes up to me and asks if Kathryn is mine because she has pooped in the tunnel and has the poop coming out her pants up her back and according to the girl "really stinks." SO I climb in the playground (and when they say parents can fit in there too they mean 14 y/o moms) and find Kathryn and drag her down and take her to the bathroom and change her. Argh!
Needless to say, I am glad to be home now and very glad that it is bedtime!
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago
3 comments:
Wow! Tate was whiny yesterday and I was complaining to Cam. Know reading you post it seems like nothing. I can't believe to turned around for you stroller! I don't believe I have been in a "play land" since becoming an "adult".
Oh my goodness!! I laughed so hard and started reading it to J.D. and I couldn't get the words out!! I'm sorry Nat but I'm glad you have a good sense of humor about it!
That's one of those days where you think- can it get any worse? How frustrating that you couldn't even go into the zoo! Kudos for trying though! I think I would have given up after forgetting the stroller. I am sorry that day turned out to be a mess! I was thinking your day was sounding pretty bad and then I got to the part about the poop on the slide . . .shudder! I know all about cleaning up poop- sometimes I feel like that is my curse as a parent. The only consolation is that it makes for great stories in the future. Good for you for taking it in stride!
Post a Comment