
Last night Travis was working late so it was just the kids and I for dinner so I made bread bowls filled with clam chowder. Spencer and Kathryn both got very excited about having soup for dinner and I got them all hyped up for it. I had some large kaiser rolls that I hollowed out and put the soup in. When I called the kids to sit up Spencer said, "Hey, where's the soup?" The bread had the lid on and he didn't realize the soup was inside. I told him to open it and he started laughing when he saw the soup. He thought that was the greatest trick. He ate his whole meal lifting the lid off and putting it back on in between bites. It was so funny. Hooray for bread bowl soup!
3 comments:
Good idea to keep the kids entertained! Long evenings with no husband are hard.
I'm going to make this for tonight. I bought some buns at Sam's Market (I should have made them, oh well) I got a recipe a ham potato soup from the "Recipe Center". That is funny how Spencer put the lid on between bites. I will have to see what my kids tonight. Thank Natalie. I really dislike deciding what to make for supper.
That's such a great idea, and Spencer says you're no fun! What a loon!
Post a Comment