Several girls in my ward are into coupon shopping. In the past I haven't been too interested- too expensive, too much time, too much driving. I like my Walmart routine and know where everything is. Also their prices are usually less than other stores. BUT recently I have started clipping coupons and shopping the ads from the local grocery chains. It is fun and I like looking for deals. Today I went to Albertsons and spent $20.44 and saved $28.23. I saved $12.25 from coupons and $15.98 from "in store" savings. I have pretty tight rules- its only a good deal if I would have bought it anyway, must have more than 4 items on 'sale' (usually I choose the store that particular week that has the most/best deals in conjunction with manfacture coupons so I'm not going to all 4 stores that week.) Lately, I have been buying most of my bulk staple foods at Costco (once a month) and then supplementing each week deals at another store. Since I am super new at this and a novice I would love to hear what your ideas for getting good deals are. My friend Janell posted a similar note on her blog and I was so impressed by all the deals she got and how well she can stick to a budget. I'm excited to hear your input.
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago
3 comments:
I'm terrible at couponing-- I did it for a couple of months but it took so much time and 10 different trips.. so I opted to forgo coupons. :) Best of luck though!!
Nat, I am so HAPPY for you. Keep it up it gets easier and the more you do it the more you save and it becomes instinctual. WTG!!!
You can print coupons from this site: www.coupons.com
Post a Comment