
Even Travis got into the act!This is the post from sugardoodle so you can see how it was suppose to turn out!
http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1558&Itemid=429
A great activity that teaches the true meaning of Easter. Give each person a Hostess "snowball" cupcake (cupcakes upside down can work also). A white snowball would be ideal, but all I could find is hot pink and purple. : ) Give each person a "snowball" cupcake. Place it on the plate as the tomb.http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1558&Itemid=429

1. Have a small paper plate (6") for each person.
2. I first had them smear the plate with a little chocolate frosting (soil)
3. Then sprinkled the "dirt" with green tinted coconut (grass)
4. Take a spoon and make a hollow spot in the snowball (Like the empty tomb)
5. Place a small sign in the hole that states "He is not here! He is Risen"
6. Take a wafer cookie (Nilla wafers work or 1/2 sandwich cookie) and set it over the hole.
7. I let them finish decorating with tinted marshmallow, sprinkles, gum drops, whatever I had available to finish decorating around the tomb. (flowers)
8. I finished the scene with a large gum drop punctured with a toothpick bearing a small sign that announced: He Has Risen.

2 comments:
You are the cutest mom ever!
Ok, that is hilarious!!! You and my mom need to hook up and she can tell you about our old MLKjr day traditions! I love it Nat!
Post a Comment