Friday, December 19, 2008

Hot Chocolate Lovers


I was listening to Christmas carols on the "TV" - the music channel. They have little tid bits about the songs etc. One of the things they put up was that Laura Bush's hot chocolate recipe was on the White House web page. I thought that was cool so I went and checked it out. I know lots of you LOVE hot chocolate so I thought I would pass it along. http://www.whitehouse.gov/holiday/recipe.html

Laura Bush's Hot Chocolate
Ingredients
6 T. Unsweetened cocoa
6 T. Sugar
Pinch of Salt
2 1/2 cup Milk
2 1/2 cup Light Cream
1/2 t. Vanilla (or more)
Pinch of Cinnamon Powder (optional)
Whipped Cream
Orange Zest

Directions
Mix cocoa, salt, and sugar.
Add milk. Heat to dissolve.
Add light cream, cinnamon, vanilla. Heat to just under boiling.
Mix very well and pour into warm mug.
Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and fine orange zest.

2 comments:

Sister Ward said...

I love, love, love, LOVE hot cocoa. I'll definitely have to try it!

Danae said...

That sounds really good. We usually just use the #10 cans of cocoa mix that are in our food storage. Ryan insists that's the best kind! But I may have to try that recipe.