Spencer has been saying the darnedest things lately. On Saturday we were watching football and there was a commercial for Bud Light. I didn't think too much of it- we didn't talk about it and he didn't comment on it, but later when I was getting dinner ready Spencer came into the kitchen and said, "I'm hungry for a Bud Light." My eyeballs nearly popped out! I said, "Spencer, that's beer. We don't drink beer!" "Oh," he said, "I didn't know, and it sounded good to me." So the lesson for the Mom was to pay more attention to things we are watching on TV because my sponge is always soaking things up.
Last night, for our family home evening lesson I was asking the kids questions about the nativity story while they were coloring a picture of it. Spencer was doing good and knew most of the answers, but I asked him what gifts the wise men brought and he thought for a moment and said, "Gold and um, um, um, FRANKENSTEIN." I'd never heard him say that before. What a silly guy!
Day 7 The Scenic Route back to Edinburgh
1 year ago
2 comments:
Kids do say the darnedest things. Elizabeth said the "tramp" line from the Little Mermaid, and I thought of you!
That is funny! When you mentioned FHE I thought you were going to say your lesson was on the Word of Wisdom.
Post a Comment