Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dumbo



When we were in Disneyland the kids loved riding Dumbo. I am not sure why because it is the longest line and shortest ride!
Kathryn couldn't wait that long so I put her in the "photo op" Dumbo and she thought that was just as good. Spencer and Grandma waited in line and then got to go on it. He likes the idea that it is "flying".
Since we've been back home they have a renewed love of watching Dumbo. They like it because I don't. I can't watch it because it makes me cry. Just thinking about it now could make me cry. I know it has the happy ending and everything, but the mom in jail, the sad baby mine song, people teasing Dumbo, freaky pink elephants... its just too much. So when they put it in the VCR I head upstairs and do a project and stay out of range.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I feel the same way about DUMBO!! The baby mine song is heart wrenching- even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, especailly now that I am a mom. I remember even feeling sad when I was a kid and watched it. It is one of my first memories of learning about the injustice of people who are different being treated badly. My small child heart made the decision to never treat anyone badly because they were different.

Janel said...

I thought Dumbo was so long. As a kid I never made it wall the way threw with out falling asleep (same with Pinnoceo (?)).
We did not go on Dumbo or the Tea pots with the kids because the line was much longer and the kids were not interested in the ride (yeah!)