Saturday, November 8, 2008

Squirrels!

Ahh! I hate squirrels. We have lots in our backyard. Usually they are fun to watch, but they are on the bad list now. When we got home from our drive to California the kids' car seats were disgusting- full of food, wetness, crumbs. Kathryn had dumped a full bottle of water on her seat so it was soaked. We put the car seats out on the patio to let them dry out when we unpacked. I forgot about them and left them overnight. The squirrels attacked them. They tore out stuffing, chewed straps, and basically ruined her car seat. Bad news. Kathryn isn't quite big enough to be in a booster- still needs 5 pt harness so it looks like we are going to have to buy a new one. Lame. Lame squirrels. I've taught Kathryn to curse the squirrles too. Its so funny!

5 comments:

Becky said...

My mom hates squirells too!! The neighbor would set out peanuts (in the shell) for them, and the shells would end up in a 2 foot deep pile by the fence that she would have to clean up. There are also WAY too many of them around their house- and they do damage! I am so sorry about your car seat. Some cities have free car-seat training you can go to and get a FREE car seat (we did this in Des Moines!). Another thing to check into is your health insurance for your kids- ours offers a free car seat (I am not sure what we would have to do to get one, though, I just remember seeing a postcard with something like that on it).

Janel said...

That stinks about your car seats They are not cheep! We are having puppy trouble at our house. Any thing left outside is fare game to "Bud".

Danae said...

How horrible! I'm so sorry. Carseats are not cheap to replace. We have one squirrel who lives in a backyard tree, but so far he's behaved himself.

Sister Ward said...

Dude, that totally sucks! Maybe that was HC's evil plan to begin with. She wanted a new car seat. That or the squirrels heard about the double decker chicken nuggets and were ready to pounce once you guys got home.

Mitzi said...

the same day that I saw your comment about squirrels on your blog, I also saw a news story about squirrels. After reading your blog, I thought you might enjoy this... http://www.news.ucdavis.edu/search/news_detail.lasso?id=8845.

that is so not cool about the car seat!!!