Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kathryn the Crazy

They say you'll look back on these times and miss them....I wonder. Today was a crazy, horrible, embarrassing day at church for me. Kathryn was INSANE. Travis was at work and I was lone man, but today there could have been 100 people there to help me and I still think she would have won. It started with this terrible screaming. I try to get her under control, distract, feed, silence her any way I can. I'm shoving Cheerios down the hatch every time she opens it-- no avail. I get a book, she throws it and then herself down on the floor. Its been close to a minute on the screaming and I'm losing so I take her out of the room kicking and screeching. All eyes on us like no child has ever had to be taken out of church before. We sit in an empty classroom and talk about how we behave, that we don't scream, that we'll be good. After a sufficient time we go back in. I knew it was pointless, but I hate to leave Spencer all alone. So we put on our best smile and go back in. She is great, she is good, until the first speaker finishes and Kathryn says, "Time to go"... We'll it wasn't time to go, we were only half way through, but she was right, it was time for her to go back out to the hall for another time out and a talking too. We waited until the closing song in the classroom on mom's lap which isn't fun for me or her. Then we went to hall and dashed in after the prayer. Spencer was there on the bench- he'd cleaned up most of our mess and repacked the bag. I'm glad he can behave at church now. I was frazzled and very ready to hand her off to the nursery where they reported she was the little angel we all know she can be.


Kathryn at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame. She would run and pose at each of the statues to have her picture taken. There were close to 50 in the plaza and she went to each one like clock work. I only really took her picture at a few. The rest we just pretended.

Kathryn in a phone both at Disneyland. I love her smile in this picture. Mischievous smiles and little girl hugs and kisses I will definitely miss when she is all grown up.

Kathryn with her own personal frozen lemonade in Disneyland. We bought a few to share, but Princess Kathryn would have none of that. It was hers and hers alone.

2 comments:

Sister Ward said...

Aw, Nat, I'm sorry you had a rough day but I have to admit, JD and I laughed the whole time I read your blog to him. Today JD changed Laura during Sacrament meeting and she peed on her onesie. He brings her back in and I take off her onesie but leave on her pink polka dot overall jumper. She looked like a hill billy who usually wears a barrel. Plus I had put her hair in a ponytail on the side and she pulled that out so she had this "horn" of hair. I felt like such a good mom . . . oh wait.

Becky said...

Ohhhh- I FEEL for you!!! I know your pain!!! I am amazed at how possible it is to be SO frustrated with someone and love them with all your heart at the same time. We will make it through our husband's residency, won't we??? I wish we lived in the same town again. We could suffer together. I am just snapping out of a bad spell for me emotionally - - (for instance- last Sunday I DIDN'T have the courage to go to Stake Conference). I have finally realized I really need to get this figured out and do better at handling things! Let's do like the Little Engine that could "I think I can, I think I can"!!