Wednesday, November 5, 2008

San Diego Zoo

We spent Monday at the San Diego Zoo. It was so amazing. The trees and flowers were breathtaking and the weather was perfect. My sister in law Robin said San Diego is the best because the animals are happy there. I thought that was a funny thing to say, but she was right. The animals were so happy and they looked like they really enjoyed being in the San Diego Zoo.

We rode on a double decker bus all around the zoo and saw a lot of animals that way. Spencer thought it was great because you could stand up on the bus even while it was moving. We watched an animal show where they had an owl, macaws, seal, and a wolf preform. The kids liked seeing those animals up close. It was also a good break time for us to have a drink and relax. Kathryn wouldn't share her drink though!

The zoo had some of the coolest habitats for the animals I have ever seen. This is Spencer at the gorilla exhibit practicing swinging through the trees.

Spencer and Kathryn are such hams. They love to pose and say cheese. They thought these gorilla statues were the best.

1 comment:

Janel said...

You really did do some driving if you went to San Diego Zoo to. I wondered about the happy comment, and then I thought I can tell when our puppy Bud is happy or when the horses are.