Today Spencer had a STAR assembly at school. The students get STAR cards as rewards when they exemplify safety, teamwork, positive attitude, and respect. Each teacher picked a member of their class who was the most outstanding in each category. Spencer was chosen from his class for teamwork. Kathryn and I went to watch and it was really fun to see how excited the kids were for this assembly. They had it football themed and had fun music and MC's. They even had the JV cheerleaders from the high school come and cheer. I have been really impressed with his school and the level of involvement and fun programs for the school. I am very proud of Spencer. We are looking forward to a few days off from school to spend together.



Spencer about to shake his principal's hand (#27). They also had the police and firemen there to hand out prizes to the kids. Spencer liked the referee the best because he would "flag" the MC's when they did something wrong.

Spencer standing after his name was called. They made a lap around the gym and then walked through the giant star. It was a special, fun recognition for him.
2 comments:
The assembly sounded so neat. I will have to tell Tyler's teacher about it, or the PTO president.
Ah, that Spencer is a STAR in my book too!
Post a Comment